Thursday, April 24, 2008

...And Relax

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,..." (Hebrews 12:1)

Easier said than done! So much for all those protagonists of sanctification who just say we are to relax and God will do it all for us. Not according to this text, and not according to my experience either. If I were to relax instead of struggle and fight, it wouldn't be long before I slouched all the way back into hell. I fail enough when I struggle, heaven knows what I'd be if I relaxed.
I wish it were so easy that I could take a pill or a potion and wake up in the morning and my struggles against myself were over - I'd take it without hesitation, whatever the cost. But alas, there's no such thing in existence, so struggle and fight on, but whatever happens, never relax.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home